Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar night


In my house, the Oscars are a big social occasion. I have a great time, but I don't actually get much of a chance to analyze the fashion. Also, today I happened to spend the first half of the day having a majorly awesome vintage shopping experience (more on Shareen Vintage in downtown LA later!) so I didn't catch most of the red carpet action.

A couple of trends I did notice:

Emeralds.
Women are still shunning the necklace.
Sheath dresses, body conscious silhouettes.
Beads, metallics and sequins, oh my!

After scanning some of the fashion more closely online, I have to say that I think my favorite of the night was Helen Mirren in a classic and sophisticated Vivienne Westwood.



On the other end of the spectrum of loveliness was True Grit's Hailee Steinfeld in a dreamy Marchesa gown.



I also thought Natalie Portman pulled of maternity beautifully in her Swarovski studded Rodarte and I really loved her Tiffany & Co tassel earrings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!