Friday, October 9, 2009

A Night at Club Cicada








Last weekend, I celebrated my 30th birthday at Maxwell DeMille's Club Cicada in Cicada Restaurant on the ground floor of the Historic Oviatt Building in Downtown Los Angeles.

What a fantastic evening! Walking through the breathtaking lobby through the doors of the restaurant (manned by a fully uniformed doorman) is like taking a step back into time. Most patrons choose to dress in period clothing from the 1920s through the 1950s. From start to finish your visit is overseen by gracious waiters, a masterful bartender, and a host of other characters. The music for the evening was provided by Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys and was beyond delightful (you can even watch a webcast of the evening). It was, every bit of it, worth the rather expensive tab at the end of the evening. We topped it all off with a couple of traditional Paper Moon portraits. I think I'll make it a yearly tradition!

*Paper moon photos from the folks at Hobo's Vintage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!