Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Almost too good to be true!

But it is true! Just in time for Halloween, the Los Angeles Opera Costume Shop is holding its first ever Costume Sale this Saturday, October 10 from 10am to 6pm. This is a Big Deal. This would be like Vera Wang throwing a yard sale in front of her Rodeo Drive boutique. As a former employee of the LA Opera Costume Shop, I can tell you firsthand that every piece is handcrafted and represents hours upon hours of skilled labor and talent. This is Couture, ladies and gentlemen. All available to you between $10 and $250 (with a few of the most special pieces going for up to $5000). This is not to be missed, even if you just go to take a gander at the amazing craftsmanship of these one-of-a-kind pieces. You will see me there at 10am sharp, and maybe I'll find something I made!

*Photo from the LAO production of Strauss' Der Rosenkavelier, designed by Gottfried Helnwein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!