Friday, September 25, 2009

The Next Big Thing

Now that I have the wedding trio (bride, mother of the bride and flower girl) completed, it is time to turn my sights on a new project. This time it will be for myself to wear to the Social Daunce Irregulars Victorian Grand Ball. These events are so much fun! What could be better than dressing up and dancing reels, waltzes, and polkas with gentlemen in period evening wear? And all for less than $30!

The next event is November 28, so I'm planning to make my gown in wintry colors like dark green, gold, cream, and maybe accents of burgundy. And because the Victorian Era spans the years of Queen Victoria's reign from 1837 to 1901, it is important to pick a more specific style within the period. I prefer First Bustle Period of the 1870s. The end of November will be here before I know it, so I better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!