Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lindsey in Wonderland


Today I had a wonderful morning shopping in Downtown Los Angeles' Fashion District. For a seamstress, being in the Fashion District is like being a kid in a candy store. A client and I were finding fabrics for a gown I am custom making for her to wear to her daughter's wedding (sorry, no pictures until after the event... don't want to spoil the surprise!). Fabric shopping with a client is such a fun experience, I love working together with the client to make something truly fabulous and unique, with their input every step of the way. I have to say, though, that my feet are TIRED! We went to many different shops in search of the perfect lace, and found something we both loved. A successful trip! If you live in LA or will ever be visiting here, stopping by the Fashion District for fabrics, trims, ready-to-wear, and accessories is a must! This article gives a great run-down of what to expect and how to make the most of your shopping experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!