Friday, July 31, 2009

"Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

I am a mom of toddler twins. One of the occupational hazards of being a mom of toddler twins is that my clothes often become stained beyond repair. I have decided to take these sad items and create wearable art out of them, and covering the stains with paint! This photo of a shirt from Six Foot Owl Clothing is great design inspiration (although I think I would leave out JFK's head... it's just not my thing).

Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts offers a wide variety of fabric paints, from sprays, to markers, to puff-paints, to brush-on.

I'll be sure to post photos of the items I rejuvenate! If any of my loyal readers take on this project, I'd love to see the results!

Photo courtesy of The District Weekly

Title quote from Shakespeare's Macbeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!